We have the following requirements and wondering which technology works best for control/data plan.
- Linux based edge servers (order of tens of thousands) can have only outbound HTTP/HTTPS connection running close to sensors/devices. Mutual TLS is required for encrypting traffic.
- We need to be able to remotely access services running directly on the host or containers (docker swarm, lite version of K8S)
- The services themselves would be HTTP(S) or any TCP port or even UDP
- Services need to register .. or ...
- Clients should be able to resolve through DNS or HTTP to obtain the port numbers
- Clients should be able to access the services on the edge service through a reverse proxy
Looking for suggestions to handle both the control and data plane.