Issues with Setting Up Development Environment

Hi there.

I’ve been attempting to get started with provider development, but have fallen at pretty much the first hurdle. I’ve hit issues with running make tools and make build, both of which seem to be that go attempts to download modules, but cannot find any modules within the latest package. For pretty much everything within github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal, I receive some error such as the following:

github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/vault/helper/pgpkeys: module github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws@latest found (v1.60.0), but does not contain package github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/vault/helper/pgpkeys
terraform-provider-aws/internal/vault/helper/pgpkeys imports
        github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/vault/sdk/helper/jsonutil: module github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws@latest found (v1.60.0), but does not contain package github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/vault/sdk/helper/jsonutil
terraform-provider-aws/internal/generate/namevaluesfilters tested by
        terraform-provider-aws/internal/generate/namevaluesfilters.test imports
        github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/acctest: module github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws@latest found (v1.60.0), but does not contain package github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/acctest
terraform-provider-aws/internal/service/ec2 tested by
        terraform-provider-aws/internal/service/ec2.test imports
        github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/experimental/sync: module github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws@latest found (v1.60.0), but does not contain package github.com/hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws/internal/experimental/sync

I was planning to use this as a chance to learn about go development, so have no platform, environment or wider go development knowledge to fall back on to see how to fix this.

Any guidance would be much appreciated (and would be turned back into a documentation PR should there be any issues I can fix).

Thanks.