AWS: reference an existing resource (usage plan) but its attributes are overridden

Hi, I am using Terraform to try bootstrap API on AWS Gateway. My goal is to create new API, but reuse some existing configs, like existing usage plans and the associated API keys. I have the following .tf:

# resources for aws_api_gateway, aws_api_gateway_deployment
import {
  to = aws_api_gateway_usage_plan.bulk_load
  id = "xifkaf"
}

resource "aws_api_gateway_usage_plan" "bulk_load" {
  name = "bulk_load"

api_stages {
    api_id = aws_api_gateway_rest_api.my_rest_api.id
    stage  = aws_api_gateway_stage.qa.stage_name
  }

}

After apply the code on AWS, I realize the existing APIs associated with this “bulk_load” usage plan is gone, and the settings for throttle rate and quota are missing too. See the attached image to demonstrate the difference.

I guess it’s because I didn’t declare the existing attributes for this usage plan. But what annoys me are:

• aws_api_gateway_usage_plan on tf aws document is resource only, there is no data source for it. I am not sure if there is an entrance for it as data source can avoid this overriding, though.

• To avoid the settings to be overrides, I can to fetch the existing settings every time, and then append/update a new API entry into the usage plan. But I hope there is a smarter way to avoid such error-prone manual work.

Target:
I can reference existing usage plans on AWS API Gateway to my newly created API, and also keep the settings of these usage plans unchanged, except adding one more associated API.

I am new to TF. I searched around but still no clues. I would really appreciate solutions for this issue, or advice about best practice. Thanks in advance!