Convert arm template output array to string to be consumed by terraform

Forgive me as this is more an ARM template issue combined with a terraform limitation. We have an arm template with the following outputs (static list of managed identities):

"outputs": {
        "managedIdentity1": {
            "condition": "[if(greaterOrEquals(variables('webAppCountNum'), 1), bool('true'), bool('false'))]",
            "type": "string",
            "value": "[reference(variables('managedIdentities').managedIdentity[0].name, '2016-08-01', 'Full').identity.principalId]"
        },
        "managedIdentity2": {
            "condition": "[if(greaterOrEquals(variables('webAppCountNum'), 2), bool('true'), bool('false'))]",
            "value": "[reference(variables('managedIdentities').managedIdentity[1].name, '2016-08-01', 'Full').identity.principalId]"
        },
        "managedIdentity3": {
            "condition": "[if(greaterOrEquals(variables('webAppCountNum'), 3), bool('true'), bool('false'))]",
            "value": "[reference(variables('managedIdentities').managedIdentity[2].name, '2016-08-01', 'Full').identity.principalId]"
        }
//continues,

I’d like to refactor this to be a dynamic list that will match the webAppCountNum. I believe I can accomplish this using output iteration, although there might be an issue using the reference function with count (haven’t tested yet):
from msdoc

You can’t use it with count because the count must be determined before the reference function is resolved.

there is also a separate issue where terraform can only access scalar outputs

with all these limitations…

is there a way to generate this dynamic output list and have it be consumable by terraform?

My idea was to convert the output array into a comma delimited string and have terraform split the data, but the restrictions on the “reference” function limit its use. If i could generate the array, i could probably convert it using this method