Error in tutorial documentation?

Hello, I’m following the provider versioning tutorial found at the time of writting here.

In the section called Explore versions.tf it provides a sample code inside of the versions.tf file.

Explore versions.tf

Open the versions.tf file. Here you will find the terraform block which specifies the required provider version and required Terraform version for this configuration.

terraform {  required_providers {    random = {      source  = "hashicorp/random"      version = "3.0.0"    }
    aws = {      source  = "hashicorp/aws"      version = ">= 2.0.0"    }  }
  required_version = ">= 0.14"}

The terraform block contains the required_providers block which specifies the provider local name, the source address and the version.

When you initialize this configuration, Terraform will download:

1. Version 3.0.0 of the random provider.
  2. The latest version of the AWS provider that is at greater than 2.0. The >= version constraint operator specifies the minimum provider version that’s compatible with the configuration.

In addition, the Terraform block specifies only Terraform binaries that are v0.14.x can run this configuration. The ~> operator is a convenient shorthand for allowing only patch releases within a specific minor release.

Both the documentation and the git repo have required_version = “>= 0.14”} and make mention of:

In addition, the Terraform block specifies only Terraform binaries that are v0.14.x can run this configuration. The [ ~> operator]

I believe the repo and the code example in the page should be required_version = “~> 0.14”}.

I wasn’t certain where else to post the feedback.