I’m trying to package a new Vagrant box but I never manage to start it properly.
At first, I thought my box was broken, but I even have this issue when trying to package a vanilla Debian box.
I’m currently using Vagrant 2.2.14 from Debian Bullseye (11) and my process is as follows:
- In a newly created directory, I run
vagrant init debian/buster64
- Without changing the default Vagrantfile, I run
vagrant up. A Debian Buster box is started with the libvirt provider.
- I then run
vagrant package --output mytest.box
- When the box has been prepared, I add it with
vagrant box add mytest.box --name mytest
- In an other newly created directory, I now run
vagrant init mytestand
- I get no error, but the process gets stuck forever at
==> default: Waiting for SSH to become available.... From
virt-manager, it looks like the machine is running, but I can’t SSH into it.
Am I missing something in my process? My guess is that I made a trivial mistake, but I can’t figure what it is.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help,