Problem with throughput in ebs_config of core_instance_fleet

Hello, I’m trying to configure the throughput parameter in the ebs_config section of my core_instance_fleet. When I run apply after adding it, Terraform throws this error: “An argument named ‘throughput’ is not expected here.” I tested it in core_instance_group, and it works, but in the current documentation for version 5.71.0, it says it should work in both cases. I tried running a new terraform init with the latest version, but it still doesn’t work.

Hey @jmv :wave: I took a look over the codebase for the aws_emr_cluster resource, and it appears that throughput is currently missing as an option for core_instance_fleet. There’s an open issue documenting the need to add this, which may be found at the link below:

I understand that instance_fleet and instance_group are mutually exclusive. I have tried setting up the master and core instances with instance_group and the task instances with instance_fleet, but I get an error when applying. I would like to know if it is possible to set the throughput on core (especially) without having to change the task instances to instance_group.

Thank you very much for your help!

Another question @justinretzolk is there any time estimate on when this could be implemented in the instance_fleet? Thank you so much.