Problems installing vagrant

Hi everyone,

I tried to install vagrant on both ubuntu and windows but in both cases I was unable to complete the installation and I was unable to move forward once I entered the vragrant up command. On ubuntu the problem was this: Error while connecting to libvirt: Error making a connection to libvirt URI qemu:///system?no_verify=1&keyfile=/home/stellaerrante/.ssh/id_rsa:
Call to virConnectOpen failed: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory

If digit VBoxManage --version

ARNING: The vboxdrv kernel module is not loaded. Either there is no module
available for the current kernel (5.4.0-40-generic) or it failed to
load. Please recompile the kernel module and install it by

sudo /sbin/vboxconfig

You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed.

6.0.22r137980

On windows the problem is this:

The box failed to unpackage properly. Please verify that the box file you’ re trying to add is not corrupted and that enough disk space is available anda the try again.The output from attempting to unpackage (if any):

x Vagrantfile
x box.ovf
x metadata.json
x ubuntu-20.04-amd64-disk001.vmdk: write failed bsdtar.EXE: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Hey there,
it looks like you are running into a couple of pretty different problems.

First it looks like you are trying to use a couple of different providers. Vagrant won’t install a provider but once it is available and usable on the system they can be chosen explicitly using the --provider flag. eg. vagrant up --provider virtualbox.

The bit about libvirt:

libvirt: Error making a connection to libvirt URI qemu:///system?no_verify=1&keyfile=/home/stellaerrante/.ssh/id_rsa:

might be solved by restarting libvirt https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/The_daemon_cannot_be_started

The bit about virtualbox:
It looks like your virtualbox installation was not successful. Virtualbox has an installation guide (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02.html).