Remote error: tls: bad certificate for K8S consul clients

Hi,
Thanks for reply. Yes my consul server is configured with verify_incoming = true. And normally it should work with such config or at least I think so :slight_smile: . After setting manageSystemACLs: false my K8S clients joined the cluster however I still can’t enable connectInject because of same reason. Init container named get-auto-encrypt-client-ca of consul-connect-injector-webhook pod is not able to get the client CA and failing with same error:

[ERROR] Error retrieving CA roots from Consul: err="Get "https://consul server:8501/v1/agent/connect/ca/roots": remote error: tls: bad certificate"

Inspecting the init container shows that the command is running and produces mentioned error message:

consul-k8s get-consul-client-ca -output-file=/consul/tls/client/ca/tls.crt -server-addr=consulserver -server-port=8501 -ca-file=/consul/tls/ca/tls.crt

I pretty much sure that if I will set verify_incoming = false on my consul server this will solve the issue however according the documentation it’s recommended to keep it enabled.

Currently my config yaml looks so:

global:
  enabled: false
  name: consul
  image: "consul:1.8.1"
  datacenter: consul-azure-dc
  acls:
    manageSystemACLs: false
    bootstrapToken:
      secretName: consul-acl-token  
      secretKey: bootstrap-token  
  gossipEncryption: