0.12.18 (December 11, 2019)
cli: Our darwin releases for this version and up will be signed and notarized according to Apple’s requirements.
Prior to this release, MacOS 10.15+ users attemping to run our software reported seeing the error: “‘terraform’ cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.” This error affected all MacOS 10.15+ users who downloaded our software directly via web browsers, and was caused by changes to Apple’s third-party software requirements.
MacOS 10.15+ users should plan to upgrade to 0.12.18+.
provisionerblocks that have
when = destroyset, and inside any
connectionblocks that are used by such provisioner blocks, it is now deprecated to refer to any objects other than
Terraform has historically allowed this but doing so tends to cause downstream problems with dependency cycles or incorrect destroy ordering because it causes the destroy phase of one resource to depend on the existing state of another. Although this is currently only a warning, we strongly suggest seeking alternative approaches for existing configurations that are hitting this warning in order to avoid the risk of later problems should you need to replace or destroy the related resources.
This deprecation warning will be promoted to an error in a future release.
- provisioners: Warn about the deprecation of non-self references in destroy-time provisioners, both to allow preparation for this later becoming an error and also as an extra hint for the “Cycle” errors that commonly arise when such references are used. (#23559)
- cli: The
terraform applycommands (and some others) now accept the additional option
-compact-warnings. If set, and if Terraform produces warnings that are not also accompanied by errors, then the warnings will be presented in the output in a compact form that includes only the summary information, thus providing a compromise to avoid warnings overwhelming the output if you are not yet ready to resolve them. (#23632)
- backend/s3: Fix for users with >1000 workspaces (#22963)
- cli: Allow moving indexed resource instances to new addresses that that don’t yet exist in state (#23582)
- cli: Improved heuristics for log level filtering with the
TF_LOGenvironment variable, although it is still not 100% reliable for levels other than
TRACEdue to limitations of Terraform’s internal logging infrastructure. Because of that, levels other than
TRACEwill now cause the logs to begin with a warning about potential filtering inaccuracy. (#23577)
- command/show: Fix panic on show plan (#23581)
- config: Fixed referencing errors generally involving
- provisioners: The built-in provisioners (
file, etc) will no longer fail when the
TF_CLI_ARGSenvironment variable is set. (#17400)