Terraform init - Download azure plugins

I just started using Terraform and I am trying to import my Azure resources into Terraform.

But I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I run code terraform init to download plugin for provider (Azure) and I get a success massage. However no plugin is downloaded and no .terraform file is created.

PS C:\Terraform> terraform init

Initializing the backend…

Initializing provider plugins…

Terraform has been successfully initialized!

You may now begin working with Terraform. Try running “terraform plan” to see
any changes that are required for your infrastructure. All Terraform commands
should now work.

If you ever set or change modules or backend configuration for Terraform,
rerun this command to reinitialize your working directory. If you forget, other
commands will detect it and remind you to do so if necessary.

I am very grateful for any advice = ))

Hi @gio.sebis,

From this output it seems that terraform init didn’t detect any provider dependencies in your current configuration. That could mean that your current directory doesn’t contain any .tf files, or that those files don’t contain any azurerm-provider resources.

You could potentially confirm my assumption (that it’s not finding any provider dependencies) by running the command terraform providers, which explicitly asks Terraform to report which provider dependencies it has detected. If you see that command report a provider dependency then please share the full output of that command and then we can try to figure out why terraform providers and terraform init disagree with one another.

A post was split to a new topic: Terraform doesn’t detect any provider requirements