I’d like to configure cross-account CloudWatch Dashboards by Terraform script, but I could not find any Terraform resource/module for enabling account to view cross-account CloudWatch data as describe below:
To enable your account to share CloudWatch data with other accounts
- Open the CloudWatch console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/.
- In the navigation pane, choose Settings , then choose Configure .
- Choose Share data .
- For Sharing , choose Specific accounts and enter the IDs of the accounts that you want to share data with.Any accounts that you specify here can view your account’s CloudWatch data. Specify the IDs only of accounts that you know and trust.
- For Permissions , specify how to share your data with one of the following options:
- Provide read-only access to your CloudWatch metrics, dashboards, and alarms . This option enables the monitoring accounts to create cross-account dashboards that include widgets that contain CloudWatch data from your account.
- Include CloudWatch automatic dashboards . If you select this option, users in the monitoring account can also view the information in this account’s automatic dashboards. For more information, see Getting started with Amazon CloudWatch.
- Include X-Ray read-only access for ServiceLens . If you select this option, users in the monitoring account can also view the ServiceLens service map and X-Ray trace information in this account. For more information, see Using ServiceLens to monitor the health of your applications.
- Full read-only access to everything in your account . This option enables the accounts that you use for sharing to create cross-account dashboards that include widgets that contain CloudWatch data from your account. It also enables those accounts to look deeper into your account and view your account’s data in the consoles of other AWS services.
- Choose Launch CloudFormation template .In the confirmation screen, type
Confirm, and choose Launch template .
- Select the I acknowledge… check box, and choose Create stack .
Is it possible to do that?