Trouble importing vsphere_host into Terraform

Greetings all!
I am trying to import a vsphere_host into Terraform from my on-prem environment. However I cannot seem to accomplish this.

I have created the resource as follows:

[code=hcl2]
resource “vsphere_host” “supervisor-1” {
hostname = “supervisor-1”
username = “{var.username}" password = "{var.password}”
datacenter = data.vsphere_datacenter.dc.id
[\code]
I attempted the following to import the vsphere_host:

[code]
terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/HostSystem-host-4424
terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/host/HostSystem-host-4424
terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/host/mycluster/HostSystem-host-4424

terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/supervisor-1
terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/host/supervisor-1
terraform import module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1 /MyDatacenter/host/mycluster/supervisor-1
[\code]

I initially tried using the vmhostID and when that did not work I tried using vmhost name.
In all cases I got the following error:

[code]
module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1: Importing from ID “/MyDatacenter/host/MyCluster/HostSystem-host-4424”…
module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1: Import prepared!
Prepared vsphere_host for import
module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1: Refreshing state… [id=/MyDatacenter/host/MyCluster/HostSystem-host-4424]

│ Error: Cannot import non-existent remote object

│ While attempting to import an existing object to “module.hosts.vsphere_host.supervisor-1”, the provider detected that no object exists with the given id. Only pre-existing objects can be imported; check that the id is correct and that it is associated
│ with the provider’s configured region or endpoint, or use “terraform apply” to create a new remote object for this resource.
[\code]

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.