Trouble migrating from v1 to v2 of AzureRM using for network interface security group, it fails to apply

I’m migrating my config from azurerm 1.44 to 2.3.0 and need to use the new config item azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association

When I do my plan all seems good:

Terraform will perform the following actions:

# module.web-msg.azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association.main[0] will be created
  + resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main" {
      + id                        = (known after apply)
      + network_interface_id      = "/subscriptions/xxxx/resourceGroups/vm-0/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/vm-0-nic"
      + network_security_group_id = "/subscriptions/xxxx/resourceGroups/vm-0/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkSecurityGroups/MsgHubNetworkSecurityGroup"
    }

# module.web-msg.azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association.main[1] will be created
  + resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main" {
      + id                        = (known after apply)
      + network_interface_id      = "/subscriptions/xxxx/resourceGroups/vm-1/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/vm-1-nic"
      + network_security_group_id = "/subscriptions/xxxx/resourceGroups/vm-1/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkSecurityGroups/MsgHubNetworkSecurityGroup"
    }

But when I come to apply I get this which doesn’t make sense as the resource “vm-0” is being managed by terraform.

terraform apply .\the.plan
module.web-msg.azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association.main[0]: Creating...
module.web-msg.azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association.main[1]: Creating...

Error: A resource with the ID "vm-0" already exists - to be managed via Terraform this resource needs to be imported into the State. Please see the resource documentation for "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" for more information.

on ..\..\..\infra\terraform\global\msghub\main.tf line 52, in resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main":
  52: resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main" {

Error: A resource with the ID "vm-1" already exists - to be managed via Terraform this resource needs to be imported into the State. Please see the resource documentation for "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" for more information.

on ..\..\..\infra\terraform\global\msghub\main.tf line 52, in resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main":
  52: resource "azurerm_network_interface_security_group_association" "main" {

I have the same issue, any suggestion?

Anyone having this issue?