Trying to Reconcile/refresh terraform infrastructure drift

I have a Terraform GCE resource being created using the following module:

resource "google_compute_address" "gke_proxy1" {
}

resource "google_compute_disk" "gke_proxy1" {
}

resource "google_compute_instance" "gke_proxy1" {
}

However at some point, outside Terraform scripts, created the google_compute_address for a specific GCE already so when I try and apply the TF script, it tries to create the compute address which is not what I want. For e.g. using:

terraform plan -var "env=dev" -target module.gke-proxy-primary;

If I run the following to show real-world state :

terraform state show module.gke-proxy-secondary.google_compute_instance.gke_proxy1

Output shows the expected compute_address state address as expected:

network_interface {                                                                                                                                                             
     name               = "nic0"                                                                                                                                                 
     ...                                                                                                             
 }                                                                                                                                                                               
 network_interface {                                                                                                                                                             
     name               = "nic1"                                                                                                                                                 
     ...                                                                                                             
 }            

So I guess I need rebuild the TF state from the real-world infra so I have tried the following since there’s been a drift between state and real world: Running :

terraform refresh -var "env=dev" -target module.gke-proxy-primary;

Gives me :

module.gke-proxy-primary.google_compute_disk.gke_proxy1: Refreshing state... [id=projects/proj1/zones/europe-west2-a/disks/gke-proxy1]
module.gke-proxy-primary.google_compute_instance.gke_proxy1: Refreshing state... [id=projects/proj1/zones/europe-west2-a/instances/gke-proxy1]

So it’s not refreshing the compute_address.gke_proxy1 remote bucket state for the resource as expected from real world. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?