Unable to add version and techniques to Microsoft Sentinel Analytical rule

Hi
I’m trying to pull the version and techniques that are set on the Microsoft template, the thinking is I would have the latest version every time I deployed the script.

apart from alert_rule_template_version and techniques everything else works, but if someone has a better way to optimise the script I’m all ears, I would also like to grab the default entity mappings if that’s possible.

Thanks very much for taking your time and reading this.

data “azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template” “template_aad” {
for_each = toset(var.azure_sentinel_rule_template_scheduled_AAD_displaynames)
log_analytics_workspace_id = azurerm_log_analytics_solution.pc.workspace_resource_id
display_name = each.key
}

resource “azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_scheduled” “rules_aad” {
for_each = toset(var.azure_sentinel_rule_template_scheduled_AAD_displaynames)
name = element(split(“/”, data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].id), length(split(“/”, data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].id))-1)
log_analytics_workspace_id = azurerm_log_analytics_solution.pc.workspace_resource_id
alert_rule_template_guid = element(split(“/”, data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].id), length(split(“/”, data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].id))-1)
display_name = each.key
description = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.description
severity = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.severity
query = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.query
query_frequency = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.query_frequency
query_period = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.query_period
tactics = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.tactics
trigger_operator = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.trigger_operator
trigger_threshold = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.trigger_threshold

these do not work as I would expect

techniques = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.0.techniques
alert_rule_template_version = data.azurerm_sentinel_alert_rule_template.template_aad[each.key].scheduled_template.alert_rule_template_version
}

variable “azure_sentinel_rule_template_scheduled_AAD_displaynames” {
description = “Displaynames for Azure Active Directory rules that want to applied”
default = [
“Modified domain federation trust settings”,
“First access credential added to Application or Service Principal where no credential was present”,
“Suspicious application consent similar to O365 Attack Toolkit”,
“Correlate Unfamiliar sign-in properties and atypical travel alerts”,
“Brute force attack against Azure Portal”,
“MFA disabled for a user”,
“Password spray attack against Azure AD application”,
“Rare application consent”,
“Credential added after admin consented to Application”,
“Mail.Read Permissions Granted to Application”,
“Sign-ins from IPs that attempt sign-ins to disabled accounts”,
“Successful logon from IP and failure from a different IP”,
“Explicit MFA Deny”,
“Failed AzureAD logons but success logon to host”,