Vault-init-container error authenticating: error=“context deadline exceeded” backoff=3m4

• Access external vault server from Kubernetes, access is given via external-vault endpoint that points to external server.
  • All policies and roles etc., created as per documentations
  • Vault-agent is installed

Now when deploying the sample org-chart application with annotations to side-car container is not starting. Logs of vault-init-container in a pod, shows following authentication errors. However, when we exec shell and enter vault-init-container and try to do vault login with root token from within container, it works.

Vault agent error:
auth.handler: authenticating
2022-02-16T17:54:18.287Z [ERROR] auth.handler: error authenticating: error=“context deadline exceeded” backoff=3m52.18s

What could be the issue?

context deadline exceeded usually means timed out. That makes it sound like the init container can’t reach the vault server you specified.

292 / 5.000

Çeviri sonuçları

hi. first of all thank you for your reply. However, when I telnet to my vault server via Container, I can connect. I recently changed the vault’s tls certificate, only then it stopped connecting. There is no other log other than the above log. What would you suggest I do?

Turn off the TLS to see if that fixes your error. If it does, then it’s a cert issue, most likely you’re missing your root CA as a trusted cert somewhere.