Hi all,
I am trying to have a pod authenticate to Vault using Kubernetes auth. I was able to successfully inject my secrets into the pod in the test environment before, but now I am getting an authentication error while doing this in the production environment.
When I try and authenticate, I get the following error:
@maxb thanks for your reply. In addition, when I run vault in debug mode, the log below appears. Do you have another comment on this?
[DEBUG] auth.kubernetes.auth_kubernetes_e0453d01: failed to read local service account token, will use client token: error=“open /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/token: no such file or directory”
The significance of this message is that Vault is saying:
My administrator has not configured me with a token_reviewer_jwt (see API docs for auth/kubernetes/config)
Nor is there a local token present where there usually would be if I was running inside Kubernetes
My last resort is to re-use the Kubernetes JWT that a Vault client presents when trying to log in, and hope that has permissions to the tokenreviews API