Audit log and commands logs

Hello,

Do you have this functionnality of your roadmap ?

• Logging console to view the audit logs
  • Logging console to view the access logs (commands execution on SSH per example)
  • Logging to external stack (ElasticSearch, Graylog, etc.)
  • Metrics (/metrics for Prometheus)

Thanks for your work, Boundary is a good alternative to other professionnal tools :slight_smile:

1 Like

Audit logs are absolutely on our roadmap. I’m not sure about a built-in logging console; I think more likely we’ll give you options to ship the logs to other platforms for viewing there. Our server log goes out to stderr and can easily be shipped wherever you like.

We also will be supporting OpenTelemetry and instrumenting telemetry/metrics throughout the codebase. We simply didn’t have time to get to that yet.

1 Like

If you want a beta tester i’m here :smile:

any update about audit log?

Hi, any progress with Graylog are have you any suggestions on how to send my docker logs to grylog - with Nomad- ?

@Dany-Git-Sin, @sohel2020 metrics and audit logs are now in active development! While we can’t commit to specific timelines please stay tuned to see them supported in an upcoming Boundary release sometime this year.

1 Like

We have recently improved our audit logs and created a learn guide for audit event logs: Event Filtering and Sink Configuration | Boundary - HashiCorp Learn

We also added Prometheus Metrics to Boundary and created a learn guide: Prometheus Metrics | Boundary - HashiCorp Learn

Tagging @Dany-Git-Sin and @sohel2020 for awareness of our new audit log and prometheus metrics that landed in 0.8. You can access learning content via @xingluw’s links above and you can also check out our 0.8 blog here for a full overview of all that’s new in 0.8. As always we encourage you to share any feedback!