I am testing out using CSI in Nomad, and thought I’d have a go at using the AzureDisk CSI-plugin
- Nomad is running v1.3.1 (on-prem, not in Azure)
- GitHub: azuredisk-csi-driver
- Example by @tgross , which helped me get started.
- GitHub repository used for this test, with description/logs.
First issue was that the node-job was failing (referencing k8s variables missing), and I eventually figured out I had to go all the way back to version v1.12.0 of the Microsoft Container for it to become healthy (current version is “v1.23.0”).
I was able to create volumes on azure, using “nomad volume create”, but when trying to use them in a nomad job, I got error relating to topology:
nomad job plan csi-demo.nomad.hcl - WARNING: Failed to place all allocations. Task Group "demo" (failed to place 1 allocation): * Class "standard": 1 nodes excluded by filter * Constraint "did not meet topology requirement": 1 nodes excluded by filter
- I am obviously missing something here, and my knowlege of csi-drivers are apparently lacking. Any help understanding why this is failing would be much appreciated.
- Any other csi-plugins that are better to use with/on Azure (working examples would be great)?
- Anyone know/able to see why the newer versions of the plugin fails? Changes from 1.12 → 1.13