Consul deploying mesh gateway

I have Consul cluster running in VMs (AWS EC2 instances). Service connection is managed through consul connect and envoy. Now I want to deploy mesh gateway (to enable federation with AKS later on). I deployed new EC2 and install consul agent and envoy there. When I try to register mesh gw to Consul cluster like it is shown here
using consul connect service file:

[Unit]
Description="HashiCorp Consul - Connect Sidecar Proxy"
Documentation=https://www.consul.io/
Requires=network-online.target consul.service
After=network-online.target consul.service

[Service]
Type=exec
User=frame
Group=frame
ExecStart=/usr/bin/consul connect envoy  -gateway=mesh -register -service "mesh-gateway-primary" -address "10.242.88.187:8443" -wan-address "10.242.88.187:8443" -token=aca89779-5
247-4c33-b949-f91b22580dd8 
KillMode=process
Restart=always
RestartSec=6
StartLimitInterval=10
LimitNOFILE=65536

IP from file above is my EC2 IP. Port given in the file is not coming up, and I am getting error in logs:

[WARN]  agent: Check socket connection failed: check=service:mesh-gateway-primary error="dial tcp 10.242.88.187:8443: connect: connection refused"

Anything else I need to do to start mesh gateway in VM? Should the port I want mesh gw to run on be configured somewhere else, besides consul-connect service file? Should I configure it in Consul server VM?

Hello!

Not sure if this is still an issue, but it’d be helpful to see some envoy logs so we can see if the listener is failing to start