Error in "vagrant up" on Mac

~/vagrant$ vagrant -v
Vagrant 2.2.9
tonybooker@iMac27:~/vagrant$ vagrant up
Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider…
==> default: Importing base box ‘hashicorp/bionic64’…
==> default: Matching MAC address for NAT networking…
==> default: Checking if box ‘hashicorp/bionic64’ version ‘1.0.282’ is up to date…
==> default: Setting the name of the VM: vagrant_default_1597636703867_36083
==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces…
==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration…
default: Adapter 1: nat
==> default: Forwarding ports…
default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)
==> default: Booting VM…
There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: [“startvm”, “5eb24561-927a-4a79-9ec4-057eb79f8c7a”, “–type”, “headless”]

Stderr: VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine ‘vagrant_default_1597636703867_36083’ has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine

1 Like

Hey there,
In order to better understand why this error is occurring, please provide the minimal Vagrantfile required to recreate this situation. Could you also include a debug log?

Thanks!

Hello

I am getting the same error i have shared the Vagrantfile and vagrant.log

vagrantLog.txt (227.7 KB) Vagrantfile.txt (493 Bytes)

When I grep the vagrant.log for “ERROR” I get the following output :

$ grep ERROR vagrant.log
ERROR loader: Unknown config sources: [:“36057420_bahmni-team/bahmni_virtualbox”]
ERROR loader: Unknown config sources: [:“36057420_bahmni-team/bahmni_virtualbox”]
ERROR warden: Error occurred: There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
ERROR warden: Error occurred: There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
ERROR vagrant: Vagrant experienced an error! Details:
ERROR vagrant: #<Vagrant::Errors::VBoxManageError: There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
ERROR vagrant: There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
ERROR vagrant: C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.7/gems/vagrant-2.2.7/plugins/providers/virtualbox/driver/version_5_0.rb:726:in `block in start’

The virtual machine 'Bahmni' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).  More details may be available in 'C:\Users\intadmin\VirtualBox VMs\Bahmni\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'

It look like there is maybe something broken in the machine. It looks like Virtualbox has a log of the error. Would be worth checking that out. You might also be able to identify the problem by running the machine from the virutalbox ui and looking out for what is causing the unexpected termination of the machine.

VBoxHardening.txt (28.7 KB)

I get this log which i can not interpret