Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode Features Missing?

I’ve recently been working with Vagrant using the Hyper-V provider and running into a little bit of a gotcha. The base box that I created works perfectly fine, but when I create a VM using it in Vagrant, I’m not able to access connection settings. Specifically, when I connect to the base box VM from the Hyper-V Manager, I get the modal that allows me to configure local resources and select a screen resolution. When I connect to the VM created through Vagrant, I do not, and the “Edit Connection Settings” link on the Hyper-V Manager GUI does not display either. I tested this with a fairly simple Vagrantfile like so:

Vagrant.configure('2') do |config|
  config.vm.box = 'win-2019-hyperv-box-name'
  config.vm.provider 'hyperv'
  config.vm.network 'public_network', bridge: 'Default Switch'
  config.vm.guest = :windows
  config.vm.communicator = :winrm
  config.winrm.username = 'boxusername'
  config.winrm.password = 'boxpassword'
  config.vm.synced_folder '.', '/vagrant', disabled: false, mount_options: ['vers=3.0']
  config.vm.provider 'hyperv' do |h|
    h.enable_virtualization_extensions = true
    h.enable_enhanced_session_mode = true
  end
end

I’m a bit stumped here as to what’s going on. Using Vagrant 2.2.19 under Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1706), Hyper-V Manager version 10.0.19041.1.

Did you ever get this working? I have used Enhanced Mode Sessions in the past with both Windows and Linux Guests, but the recently created Windows guests I create do not seem to work with Enhanced Sessions and I’m stumped.

No, I’m still having the same issue.

It seems that enhanced session has been problematic for many folks using Windows 11 or Windows Server 2019/2022 guests – I’d say it just doesn’t work, but some people seem to have gotten it working even if most haven’t. Some things to try here: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/windows-11-and-hyper-v-enhanced-session.8/

I switched to using Remote Desktop from host to guest and it performs well enough.