Here is my use case :
Create self hosted azure devops build agents on a nomad cluster
I have currently created a nomad server and nomad client , and i have also submitted a job that runs multiple agents on a single client node
Plan is to export the build agent metrics to a prometheus instance in the same cluster
Prometheus is involved so that i can scale according to the job queue of my agent
Need to shift the nomad client to an azure vmss , so that it can support scaling
How i need to the auto scaling to work -
- DO horizontal application scaling when the agent queue is greater than 0
- DO cluster scaling (using azure vmss plugins) so that it will scale the cluster when the current nodes can scale the application any more
- Has any one done something similar for azure build agents
- DO i need consul for service discovery , so that my auto scaler can talk to nomad autoscaler
- Can the autoscaler policy target both Horizontal application scaling and cluster scaling at the same time ?
- How can i automate all this process ?