Not being able to launch the Consul UI in internet explorer

I have a requirement where i need to be able to access the consul UI in IE browser. I am not being able to get the UI up and running the IE browser. It gives the following error Consul returned an error.You may have visited a URL that is loading an unknown resource, so you can try going back to the root or try re-submitting your ACL Token/SecretID by going back to ACLs. Try looking in our documentation

The error produced on the console of IE:

index Unable to get property 'indexOf' of undefined or null reference TypeError: Unable to get property 'indexOf' of undefined or null reference

I am able to access the UI in other browsers. Is there a way in which i can get it running with the IE browser?

I was able to access with Google Chrome only, never with Edge

Hi @RajatRokade,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forums! I saw you posted this on GitHub as well.

You mentioned:

I have a requirement where i need to be able to access the consul UI in IE browser

Can you provide a bit more information about your requirement? I noticed you said you are able to access the UI on other browsers. Are you able to use those other browsers in the environment?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

@jsosulska

The requirement is that we need to use the default browser provided by the Windows Server 2016 or 2019 or Windows 10 operating system as we do not want to install a dedicated browser like edge, mozilla firefox or chrome.

We have multiple UI applications and all of them are supported on Internet Explorer expect the CONSUL UI. It would be very helpful for us to just go ahead with the default Internet Explorer rather than introducing a new requirement only to support the CONSUL UI.

Given the same environment, i am able to access the CONSUL UI in all other browsers expect the Internet Explorer.