Pricing details missing

I understand this is a community forum but without a phone number, the complete lack of any pricing information, and no reply from sales inquiry, I’m posting this here to get someone from HashiCorp to respond.

Where can I find pricing details for using Vault for secret storage in a purely on-premise solution?

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If the features of the open-source version are enough, it’s totally free for on-prem.

1 Like

@Wolfsrudel: Thank you. That’s great. We read this on Vault product page:

Open source is aimed at individuals and addresses the technical complexity of providing one workflow to connect any service.

Enterprise is aimed at teams and organizations and addresses the organizational complexity of collaboration, governance, and multiple datacenters.

Is there something in writing that says on-premise usage is free? If so, please share.

We are doing are due diligence before we pick Vault for our secure storage needs.

Thanks again.

Hi @subatta,

The license for Vault’s open source code base is the Mozilla Public License 2.0. Compiled binaries of this source code are available via our downloads page. I think the license should suffice as documentation for your legal team.

-Meggie

1 Like

This is all now June 2020 on the time line here

Can we please have a proper response to the changes to Vaults licenses and Business Source License (BSL)

Do on-prem self hosted Vault instance keep on being free and is their any licenses that we might not know about.

I would like to point to this article that doesn’t help clarify the question in regards to open source

That article basically compares the cloud SAAS service - I am worried that Hashi Vault not addressing this in a clear concise way make people flee because of misunderstandings

Please HashiVault @mladlow, don’t just point us to the license but give us context so that we can know for sure what the situation is.