Unhandled error in Python interpreter discovery for host default

I following along with the book “Ansible From Beginner to Pro”, Vagrant installed fine and the first few pages worked as expected. I then created the file playbook.yml and added the code:

---
- hosts: all

as per the book and when I run vagrant provision, I get a long list of warnings and fatal errors.

The first warning is the title of the post.

TASK [Gathering Facts] *********************************************************
[WARNING]: Unhandled error in Python interpreter discovery for host default:
Failed to connect to the host via ssh: Warning: Permanently added
'[127.0.0.1]:2222' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.  sign_and_send_pubkey:
no mutual signature supported  vagrant@127.0.0.1: Permission denied
(publickey,password).
fatal: [default]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Data could not be sent to remote host \"127.0.0.1\". Make sure this host can be reached over ssh: Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:2222' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.\r\nsign_and_send_pubkey: no mutual signature supported\r\nvagrant@127.0.0.1: Permission denied (publickey,password).\r\n", "unreachable": true}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
default                    : ok=0    changed=0    unreachable=1    failed=0    skipped=0    rescued=

I’ve poked around here and didn’t see anything that pertained to this, but was probably not searching it correctly.

Did see any help on the net either, but again, probably not searching correctly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Update:
I ssh’d into the virtualbox and it advised the image was out of date and to perform an upgrade to the system so I did. After that all has run correctly and without any errors.

Sorry for the bother.