Using module provider option, can't see the created resources after successful terraform apply

Using Terraform v.0.12.23, provider.aws v2.59.0

Very new to terraform so apologies in advanced for wrong terminology, methodology.

Having a strange quirk when using the provider option within a module block. The setup is very basic so not sure where I’m going wrong. My intent is to create AWS resources within multiple regions so want to use the default provider and alias’d providers.

My main.tf:
provider “aws” {
region = “ap-southeast-2”
access_key = var.access_key
secret_key = var.secret_key
}

provider “aws” {
alias = “Singapore”
region = “ap-southeast-1”
}

When I call my module to create a VPC without the provider option the VPC resource is created successfully through terraform apply -> yes. I can then login to my AWS portal with root access and see the new resource in the correct region (ap-southeast-2 in this example).

Module without provider option:
module “VPC_create” {
source = “./modules/VPC_create”
}

Now when I include the provider information into the module block the resources are still created against the correct region (ap-southeast-1 in this example) according to terraform (with vpc_id’s being generated) but I can’t see the resource in the AWS portal using an account with root access.

module “VPC_create” {
source = “./modules/VPC_create”
providers = {
aws = aws.Singapore
}

Is this something I’m doing wrong with terraform, or perhaps an IAM issue with AWS? Quite fustraing as calling on the provider option within the module would suit my use case. Is there a better way of creating AWS resources across multiple regions? Thanks for any assistance.