A "Created" tag change appears for AzureML resources everytime a plan is generated

I’m working on creating basic AzureML resources using the TF provider. I’m able to create a Workspace with all the associated resources like the Storage Account, the KeyVault etc.

However, every time I run a terraform plan there would be a diff generated for each of those resources associated with the AzureML Workspace because of an update (being set to null) to the Created tag. I’m not adding this tag in the code, so I’m assuming this is being done by AzureML Studio.

# module.workspace["test-ch-02"].azurerm_resource_group.this will be updated in-place                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
~ resource "azurerm_resource_group" "this" {                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
id       = "/subscriptions/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000/resourceGroups/test-ch-02-0000000"                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
name     = "test-ch-02-0000000"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  ~ tags     = {                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
 - "Created" = "2022-03-24T01:11:56.2613059Z" -> null                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
  # (3 unchanged elements hidden)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
# (1 unchanged attribute hidden)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
}          

I’m guessing what’s happening is the following.

1. First run creates the resources. While they are created AzureML Studio adds the Created tag.
  2. The next time terraform plan is run, it detects the Created tag as something new, so to be removed. This creates the diff plan.
  3. If we run this plan, Created tag gets deleted, but AzureML Studio adds it again, causing this to repeat.

Being AzureML specific resources, can we write this logic into the provider? For an example, ignore changes to the Created tag within the provider altogether?

Just noticed that this is not something specific to Machine Learning. Every resource in Azure has this tag. This is a PITA since each apply generates a plan even when the source is unchanged.

I’m not sure if this Created tag is a product of Azure or a Tenant specific setting. Any help in this direction is appreciated.