Announcing New Terraform Provider Development Modules

We’re very excited to announce the release of terraform-plugin-go and terraform-plugin-mux. These two libraries offer a foundation for the next generation of Terraform provider development, and we’re excited to see what people build with it. The Terraform Plugin SDK team is monitoring this thread, so feel free to let us know what you think of the new releases or if you have any questions, and don’t forget to check out our live event on November 20th at 1pm, Pacific!

Thanks for the twitch stream was really useful. Is the code for the dadcorp demo provider available at all?

My apologies, I wanted to do this but had a busy December, it turns out. I’m heading out for the winter break now, but in January when we get back I’ll type up a README and publish the repo. It won’t be useful as a suggestion for how to write your provider, code patterns you should follow, or even correctness, as it was made and meant to demo specific UX stuff, but if it’s helpful we can certainly put it out there. We just haven’t had time to actually do that, sorry. :frowning: I’ll make sure it happens when we get back.

The repo for the demo has been published, here: GitHub - hashicorp/hashicorp-live-dadcorp: The demo code for the SDK team's HashiCorp live event

As noted in the README, this code was written to demonstrate certain user experience changes, and should not be used as an illustration of recommended practices, and no warranties are made about its correctness or suitability.

Hi there! Will there be a follow-up post on how to use terraform-plugin-go for provider development?

I’m working on this right now, actually! We’re juggling a few different projects, so it’s more delayed and taking longer than I’d like, but it’s definitely on our roadmap. The GoDoc tries to be complete, though I recognize that’s not as good as more holistic documentation.