Make static-dist dev-ui fails at rebuilding node-sass

Hey all,

For the life of me, I can’t seem to get my local dev w/UI to complete.

End of stack trace:

make[1]: *** [ Release/] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/neth/go/vault/ui/node_modules/node-sass/build'
gyp ERR! build error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `make` failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onExit (/home/neth/go/vault/ui/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:194:23)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:512:28)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:293:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 5.19.0-35-generic
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/home/neth/go/vault/ui/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" "--verbose" "--libsass_ext=" "--libsass_cflags=" "--libsass_ldflags=" "--libsass_library="
gyp ERR! cwd /home/neth/go/vault/ui/node_modules/node-sass
gyp ERR! node -v v19.7.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v8.4.1
gyp ERR! not ok 
Build failed with error code: 1

make: *** [Makefile:159: install-ui-dependencies] Error 1

I think it has to do with node-gyp version 8 instead of what I know is installed as:

node-gyp@9.3.1  /usr/lib/node_modules/node-gyp

So in my package.json I added a simple:

  "dependencies": {
    "node-sass": "^8.0.0",
    "node-gyp": "^9.3.1"

…as recommended by a couple SO threads, but I get the same error =(

Anyone happen to know if this is the node-gyp version causing the error, or is that a red herring? Also not sure why the package.json isn’t honoring the version declaration?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: aside from the full make this same behavior happens in just attempting to run yarn from the /ui folder as well. Though I have made sure to have git, node, yarn, and Ember installed.

EDIT 2: Ah, I think this is failing on the npm rebuild node-sass call. Manually running the command results in a ton of errors.

I will look to resolve the node-sass issues and go from there.


So I still have issues to resolve, mostly related to dependency version incompatibilities. But I did fix the node-sass problem I was having.

Had to:

npm audit fix --legacy-peer-deps
npm uninstall node-sass
npm i node-sass
npm rebuild node-sass

Which then elevated more dependency issues!

I didn’t see a way to mark this thread solved but this does just seem like a local environment problem and I’ll plug away at it. Maybe just nuke it and start over xD