No matches for kind "Deployment" in version "apps/v1beta2"

Hello,

I am using terraform 0.13.2
I have recently upgrade my eke cluster to 1.16.

Now when I am applying below changes via terraform it gives me below error related to API,

Error: current release manifest contains removed kubernetes api(s) for this kubernetes version and it is therefore unable to build the kubernetes objects for performing the diff. error from kubernetes: unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "Deployment" in version "apps/v1beta2"

I understand reason for these error which is coming from the fact that latest K8s version does not support those api as part of 1.16 but I would like to know what should I do to apply command similar to helm upgrade --install in my existing terraform module,

rather then trying out combination of Terraform state rm and try to rebuild it ,
Kindly guide me in case there is better alternative than the option I know. so will plan smooth upgrade for higher environment to 1.16 as they are currently with eks 1.15 and Terraform 0.12.29

Thanks,
Snehil Belekar

Hello,

I go these issue fixed manually but still waiting for inputs if there is good way to done via terraform.