Question around accessing web targets

Hello all.
Looking at the getting started and announcement video and it looks great. One question I have is around how does accessing web ui’s work through Boundary
My main example would be something like Kibana using Elasticsearch xpack security.

Another question I have is what sort of auditing does the workers give and how protocol specific can it be. For example one of the products I work on have strict auditing requirements around how many documents a user has gotten from mongo that gets logged and sent off.

Its definitely peaked my interest

Web UIs are tricky; they can work if you set the host set and the port in the target such that you’re pointing to it, and then ensure that the address that the boundary connect proxy is running on is in the subject alternative names on you certificate (assuming you’re using TLS). In the future we hope to have better integration for fronting web UIs once we have protocol decoding for HTTP but for now it’s complicated as browser crypto stacks are very locked down so we can’t really manage it ourselves.

1 Like

Can a web target session be started through the proxy’s web UI or does it need to be done through CLI?

Currently all proxies need to be started through the CLI.