I’ve been working on a plugin to deploy to Google App Engine and maybe later to Google Cloud Functions. I am really liking the experience so far, it’s been so much fun.
I separated the build, registry and platform steps into several plugins to make the first two reusable later for Google Cloud Functions:
- waypoint-plugin-archive to create a zip archive out of source code
- waypoint-plugin-gcs to upload an artifact to Google Cloud Storage
- waypoint-plugin-gae to deploy the artifact on Google App Engine
The first two plugins are working and the third one is still work in progress.
I have several questions:
- Anyone else finds those plugins useful ?
- Is it possible to create functions like the builtin function
- What is the best way to communicate between plugins ? Should I import the output of a
builderplugin for example in my
platformplugin ? Or should I create new Protobuf message with a similar structure and Waypoint will handle the serialization and deserialization between the two types ?
- The plugins added to
$HOME/.config/waypoint/pluginsare not detected by waypoint. I am suspecting it is because of MacOS Big Sur, but I didn’t get the chance to investigate, are you aware of this issue ?
Please let me know if you have any feedback on those plugins or if you are willing to help out