Intermittent I/O Errors While Using NFS CSI plugin

I’ve been trying to run a nomad cluster with a NAS as the storage backend for it (meaning no local volumes on any of the servers/nodes) and I’m currently using the nfs csi driver but I’ve been having issues. I’ve been seeing jobs emitting I/O errors like IOError: SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: disk I/O error intermittently, and it seems like it has something to do with the nfs csi plugin. When I re-start the allocation it always goes away no problem.

Has anyone else using the nfs csi plugin had issues like this? Is there another way to use nfs, or should I abandon it and try smb (I’ve always had better luck with SMB in the past, honestly) or something else?

I’m seeing this error sometimes, which I’m assuming is related: stale NFS file handle

I would avoid using that particular driver. I would recommend the Democratic CSI driver.

Okay, thanks. Yeah it seems like the driver is faulty. I’ll switch over to Democratic CSI and see if that helps.

It sounds like you’re encountering some challenges with the NFS CSI plugin in your Nomad cluster setup. Others may have faced similar issues, so reaching out Vproapkfor advice is a great idea. Considering alternatives like SMB could be worth exploring if you’ve had better experiences with it in the past.