We are excited to announce the first release candidate of Nomad 0.11.0 (0.11.0-rc1).
Below are a few of the major new features in Nomad 0.11:
- Container Storage Interface (CSI): Deploy stateful applications on Nomad using storage volumes from any third-party provider of choice.
- New Scaling APIs: New APIs for defining scaling policy and performing scaling actions, intended to support external autoscaling tools such as the new Nomad Autoscaler (more details coming soon).
- Task Dependencies: Define and run interdependent workloads in sequence.
- Remote Exec (UI): Directly execute commands in a running allocation through the Nomad UI.
- Audit Logging (Enterprise): Provide administrators with a set of records for user-issued actions in Nomad.
Changes since beta2:
- connect: Added support for using Connect with TLS enabled Consul agents [GH-7602]
- connect: Fixed a bug where restarting a client would prevent Connect enabled allocations from cleaning up properly [GH-7643]
- consul: Fixed a bug where service updating could sometimes fail [GH-7600]
- scheduler: Fixed a bug where changes to task group shutdown_delay were not persisted or displayed in plan output [GH-7618]
- A number of documentation updates and test improvements.
The full list of changes may be found in the changelog.
The Nomad Team
0.11.0-rc1 Changelog - https://github.com/hashicorp/nomad/blob/v0.11.0-rc1/CHANGELOG.md
0.11.0-rc1 Binaries - https://releases.hashicorp.com/nomad/0.11.0-rc1/