We released Waypoint 0.2.0!
Please see the announcement blog post.
Application config syncing with Kubernetes (ConfigMaps), Vault, Consul, and AWS SSM;
Automatically sync environment variable values with remote sources and restart your
application when those values change. [GH-810]
Access to Artifact, Deploy Metadata:
deployconfiguration can use
artifact.*variable syntax to access metadata from the results of those stages.
releaseconfiguration can use
deploy.*to access metadata.
image = artifact.imagefor Docker-based builds. [GH-757]
allow you to template files, directories, and strings with the variables and functions
available to your Waypoint configuration.
pathVariables: you can now use
variables in your Waypoint file to specify paths as relative to the project (waypoint.hcl
file), app, or pwd of the CLI invocation.
Server snapshot/restore: you can now use the CLI or API to take and restore online
snapshots. Restoring snapshot data requires a server restart but the restore operation
can be staged online. [GH-870]
- cli/logs: entrypoint logs can now be seen alongside app logs and are colored differently [GH-855]
- contrib/serverinstall: Automate setup of kind+k8s with metallb [GH-845]
- core: application config changes (i.e.
waypoint config set) will now restart running applications [GH-791]
- core: add more descriptive text to include app name in
- core: add better error messaging when prefix is missing from the
waypoint config set[GH-815]
- core: align -raw flag to behave like -json flag with waypoint config set [GH-828]
waypoint.hclcan be named
waypoint.hcl.jsonand use JSON syntax [GH-867]
- install: Update flags used on server install per-platform [GH-882]
- install/k8s: support for OpenShift [GH-715]
- internal/server: Block on instance deployment becoming available [GH-881]
- plugin/aws-ecr: environment variables to be used instead of ‘region’ property for aws-ecr registry [GH-841]
- plugin/google-cloud-run: allow images from Google Artifact Registry [GH-804]
- plugin/google-cloud-run: added service account name field [GH-850]
- server: APIs for Waypoint database snapshot/restore [GH-723]
- website: many minor improvements were made in our plugin documentation section for this release
- core: force killed
waypoint execsessions won’t leave the remote process running [GH-827]
- core: waypoint exec with no TTY won’t hang open until a ctrl-c [GH-830]
- cli: server config-set doesn’t require a Waypoint configuration file. [GH-819]
- cli/token: fix issue where tokens could be cut off on narrow terminals [GH-885]
- plugin/aws-ecs: task_role_name is optional [GH-824]
A full list of changes for this release can be found in the changelog.
The Waypoint Team